Well...it finally happened! John has FINALLY been transferred down to training company. This means NO MORE deployments while we are in VA. John was supposed to transfer down there, and become a Close Quarters Battle Instructor. But, there's been a little bump in the road. To become a CQB instructor, you have to be able to do it for two years. Considering John's orders with Security Forces is up next August, that doesn't make it possible.
So, John went and talked to his 1st Sgt, and monitor, and BOTH of them signed off on him extending here for a year so that he can be a CQB instructor. WOOHOOO!!!!! Nothing is 100 percent yet. His extension papers have to be signed first. But we will know for sure in the next few weeks. As of now, we will be extending here!
I'm soooo happy! I love Virginia. I love that we have our own home. I love my friends/jobs out here. I love the weather (minus the big bugs in the summer). I love the people. I love our ward! Yes, I just love Virginia.
So hopefully we will be here until August 2011!!!!!!!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed!
Love being a mom!
11 years ago
3 comments:
I will be keeping mine crossed and saying a few prayers; you staying in VA would mean more visits!!!! :)
Awesome! I'm glad you get to stay somewhere you love. I'm happy for you guys! Even though you aren't by us, at least you're in the country, right?! Love you both! (and Pudger, too!) -E
Post a Comment